Hello! Thanks for visiting my blog.

I am on a blogging hiatus as I would like to focus on my jewelry craft work. Hence, I will not be taking in requests for reviews of any nature in the future. If you do have queries on my jewelry work instead, please get in touch via email : oon.adeline@gmail.com

Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Watermelon Cooler



The weather has been really hot and humid lately. You know it. When it reaches it's peak especially in the afternoon, all I dream of is plunging into a swimming pool and soak myself silly in the cool water for as long as I can. But the public pool is not very near where I live and I figure that by the time I decide to pack and go, I would have completely lost interest in wanting to go there in the first place!

While surfing through wonderful inspirational photos on pinterest the other day, I came across plenty of delicious-thirst-quenching watermelon coolers which would totally mimic a trip to the pool. (excuses, I know) So I told my husband that hey! I'm gonna make us some tomorrow! He was all for it!

There are so many variations of a watermelon cooler out there so I decided to do the simplest one, just to try it out. This is an adult drink, as I have added rum in it. But it's always an optional step if you want to make it for the kids.



Preparation time : 4 minutes  Serves : 2

Ingredients :
- seedless red watermelon, sliced into chunks and chilled (3 cups)
- 3 calamansi lime juice (or 1 more if you like the lime flavor!)
-1/4 rum (optional)
- A little sugar to taste (or your preferred sweetener)

Method :
Place the watermelon chunks, lime juice and rum into a blender and blitz till smooth. Add sugar to taste and another round of quick blitz, if needed.

Serve and be quench-i-fied!

Till the next post, have a wonderful day!

Absolutely Me,

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments on my post and thank you in advance for responding! All comments will be moderated before publishing just so that the spammers don't get in the way.

AddThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

.