Hello! Thanks for visiting my blog.

I am on a blogging hiatus as I would like to focus on my jewelry craft work. Hence, I will not be taking in requests for reviews of any nature in the future. If you do have queries on my jewelry work instead, please get in touch via email : oon.adeline@gmail.com

Tuesday, September 16, 2014

[RECIPE] Mini Chocolate Buttermilk Waffles or Pancakes


I have a love-hate relationship with waffles. You see, when I crave for one, there's no cafe in sight for me to satisfy the craving. When I don't crave for it, waffle cafes are everywhere!

I've ever thought of getting myself a waffle machine maker. But nope, it does not make financial sense. Not only does it cost a bomb, it WILL end up as the biggest-test white elephant in my kitchen. So when I chanced upon this waffle griddle, I was simply ecstatic! Make my own waffles whenever I want to? It couldn't be any better. No waffle griddle? No worries! This recipe also works well with pancakes! Just a short of the crisp edges you find in a waffle.



Recipe adapted from Savory Simple
Preparation time : 5 minutes  Serves : 8 mini waffles (will defer if its pancakes)

Ingredients :
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 egg
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 tbsp melted butter

In a medium bowl, sift the dry ingredients together and set aside.

Beat the egg separately till light and fluffy and add to the dry mixture, together with buttermilk and butter. Mix well till blended.

Heat up the pan with butter or oil. If using the griddle, spoon about 2 tbsp of batter into each cavity. Once the waffle bubbles (about 2-3 minutes), flip it over to the other side and continue cooking till brown (about another 2 minutes). Repeat process for the remaining batter.


Best served with a light drizzle of maple syrup or honey, fresh fruit toppings and vanilla ice cream! This combination together is simply mind-blowing. Enjoy!


Till the next post, have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments on my post and thank you in advance for responding! All comments will be moderated before publishing just so that the spammers don't get in the way.

AddThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

.