Hello! Thanks for visiting my blog.

I am on a blogging hiatus as I would like to focus on my jewelry craft work. Hence, I will not be taking in requests for reviews of any nature in the future. If you do have queries on my jewelry work instead, please get in touch via email : oon.adeline@gmail.com

Thursday, April 3, 2014

[Recipe] Clams in White Wine


I'm sharing a super simple, savory and very satisfying dish - clams simmered in white wine. Not so much a "filling" dish, but great as appetizers if you are entertaining guests or maybe you are on a protein diet. Yes, clams are protein food! You can eat this to your heart's content with no guilt.

Preparation time : 10 mins  Cooking time : 15 mins  Serves : 3-4

Ingredients :
- 600gms fresh clams (razor or venus clams - I bought mine from Sheng Siong)
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 2 tbsp mirin
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp butter
- a few sprigs of chinese parsley
- pepper and salt to taste (optional)

Preparation :
- soak clams in water for at least an hour or more in the fridge and add about a tbsp of salt to water to help with removal of impurities. Seal the bowl in cling wrap.
- When you are ready to cook, rinse the clams thoroughly and drain well.
- in a large stainless steel pot, add butter and garlic. Saute till fragrant.
- add the wine and mirin, let it boil for a minute before adding the clams.
- give it a stir before covering the pot. Let it cook for 10 minutes or until clams have opened.
- discard any unopen clams.
- Add salt or pepper to taste, at your discretion.
- Add the parsley and give it a good mix before serving.
- Enjoy!

Tip : this dish would go great with baguette with the reduced sauce! Yum!

 
Till the next post, have a blessed week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments on my post and thank you in advance for responding! All comments will be moderated before publishing just so that the spammers don't get in the way.

AddThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

.