Hello! Thanks for visiting my blog.

I am on a blogging hiatus as I would like to focus on my jewelry craft work. Hence, I will not be taking in requests for reviews of any nature in the future. If you do have queries on my jewelry work instead, please get in touch via email : oon.adeline@gmail.com

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

2013 - A Year of Gratitude

As I get older, I am more mindful of the little things in life that truly matters to me. One of the most essential to "living life to the fullest", is choosing (as much as I can) to stay positive and think of the happy moments instead of focusing on the negative ones. I've always believed that happy thoughts generate happy cells in one's body. Sicknesses are somehow kept at bay and happy vibes infects people around you too. Happiness is truly not something you can place a price tag on.

Looking back at 2013, there are many little things I am grateful for that made my year a memorable one.

  • Watching my 13 year old son gain some independence after starting secondary school. I can now run my necessary errands and leave him to come home on his own and settle his own meals. It is a little load off my mind.
  • My husband and I celebrated 16 years of marriage. Though we've never celebrated it in any fanciful or romantic way, I am happier that he takes the time to plan and take the family for a few short getaways this year. Vacation time with the family often means a lot more to me than one candle light dinner.
  • Reminding myself why I love what I do - keeping my lifestyle jewelries creations affordable. It's really not about the money, money, money! It's the passion that keeps what I do, alive.
  • I had my first makeover! Well only on the face but there was much to learn from the session hosted by Florinda. It was a fantastic time spent with women I know!
  • I never thought there will be a day that I will gather ingredients and prepare an oreo mud pie! If not for my little girl's request, I don't think I would. I hope she realizes that the little things I do for her is out of love.
  • Now, if you know me, I am TOTALLY NOT a night owl. But for a late night date with my hubby, I did it. We went for an extraordinary date to Senoko Fishery Port!
  • The kids and I also made out debut on TV for a programme interview on why I blog. Even though the airtime was very short, it was the experience that mattered.

As we usher in 2014 in a few hours, I pray for peace, health and happiness to continue to reign within the family. And a special wish to all my readers for the same blessings for your families too.

Cheers to 2014!
 
 
Till the next post, have a blessed week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments on my post and thank you in advance for responding! All comments will be moderated before publishing just so that the spammers don't get in the way.

AddThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

.