Hello! Thanks for visiting my blog.

I am on a blogging hiatus as I would like to focus on my jewelry craft work. Hence, I will not be taking in requests for reviews of any nature in the future. If you do have queries on my jewelry work instead, please get in touch via email : oon.adeline@gmail.com

Friday, November 1, 2013

[Recipe] Pasta With Anchovy Sauce

When I saw Nigella Lawson preparing this mouth-watering dish on TV,  I was bent on trying it. I've never tried anchovies before and this would probably be the best opportunity to try in this pasta dish.

I was kinda apprehensive about how my family would take to this flavoring. My initial plan was to guinea pig myself one of the days when it is just me at home for lunch. But you know, I decided that it would be a "eat it or starve" circumstance. And till date, they all do not know that the awesome flavors came from the anchovies!

For many, I guess anchovies is an acquired taste. Let me describe my first taste : it has a rich savory flavor, salty (for sure) and a little pungent. Kind of reminds me of a western version of belachan, if I may say so.

So here's my simple adaptation to this pasta dish.

It seems so plain looking but believe me, the wonderful flavors coat every single strand of pasta!

Recipe serves 4.     Preparation + Cooking time : 20 mins
Ingredients :
- 3/4 packet of cooked spaghetti
- 1 cup corn
- 2 medium sized tomatoes, diced into chunks
- 3 to 4 stalks of chinese parsley
- 2 tbsp of minced garlic
- 1 tin of anchovies in olive oil (I used John West's brand in 45g)
- 2 tbsp of Olive oil

(There wasn't any other need for flavoring because the anchovies are salty. But do a taste test at your discretion and add salt if necessary.)


 
 
 

Cooking method :

- I used the olive oil soaked from the tin of anchovies to cook this dish. But you can use your own olive oil. Just remember to drain the anchovies from the tin.
- fry the garlic till fragrant and add the anchovies.
- you will notice that the anchovies will simply melt away. So that's your sauce!
- Then add in the tomatoes and corn with the pasta and toss it up.
- When its almost done, sprinkle the parsley and give it another good toss.
-  Drizzle a bit of olive oil on the pasta before serving. (optional)

 
 Bon appetit!
 
 
Till the next post, have a blessed week!

Linking up with :

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments on my post and thank you in advance for responding! All comments will be moderated before publishing just so that the spammers don't get in the way.

AddThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

.