Hello! Thanks for visiting my blog.

I am on a blogging hiatus as I would like to focus on my jewelry craft work. Hence, I will not be taking in requests for reviews of any nature in the future. If you do have queries on my jewelry work instead, please get in touch via email : oon.adeline@gmail.com

Friday, August 23, 2013

[Recipe] Thai Fish Cake (Tod Mun Pla)

I've always been a fan of Thai food. Tom yum, phad thai, green curry... just to name a few. My favorite dish is actually the very first taste of Thailand that I tried on my first visit to Bangkok more than 20 years ago, at a road side stall. Yes! The Thai fish cake - also known as tod mun pla in their language.

I've tweaked this recipe a little, adapted from Noobcook.com. It was easier to cook than I thought!



This recipe serves about 8 pieces. Preparation time : 8 minutes. Cooking time : 12 minutes.

Ingredients  :
- 200gm tub of fish paste, store bought
- 1 tbsp Thai red curry paste (add another tbsp if you like it spicier and redder color on fish cake)
- 1 long bean, sliced thinly
- 1/2 a medium onion, chopped finely
- 1.5 tbsp corn flour
- 1/2 an egg, beaten
- squeeze half a large green lime (as substitute flavor for lime leaves)
- a dash of fish sauce
- 2 tbsp cooking oil

Mix the ingredients well together. Heat up oil in your pan. The difference for me is that since I dislike to deep fry, I've chosen to pan fry them instead. The texture remains the same.

Scoop the marinated paste with a spoon and form into a flat shape before placing into pan. Fry them till golden brown, on both sides. Drain oil on paper towel before serving it with thai sweet chilli sauce, topped with cucumbers for the refreshing crunch in eat bite.
 
 Till the next post, have a blessed week!

Linking up with :

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing Ah Che! Spunds easy enough!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are most welcome Adora! I'm always for quick and easy fix meals.

      Delete
  2. I love to eat the Thai food at the Thai sea beaches and for this type of enjoyment I want to go to the Thailand every weekend and but this time I am facing the visa problem I you know about any Thai visa service then please tell me ...

    ReplyDelete

I love comments on my post and thank you in advance for responding! All comments will be moderated before publishing just so that the spammers don't get in the way.

AddThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

.