Hello! Thanks for visiting my blog.

I am on a blogging hiatus as I would like to focus on my jewelry craft work. Hence, I will not be taking in requests for reviews of any nature in the future. If you do have queries on my jewelry work instead, please get in touch via email : oon.adeline@gmail.com

Friday, March 1, 2013

How To Cook The Perfect Steak

I miss the steak I've had during our recent trip to Sydney. The tenderness, juiciness and natural flavor was too good to be true. So, I tried to re-create the dish at home 2 nights ago and followed the tips on this leaflet which I picked up from the butcher.


On the sides, we had home made mashed potatoes and baked button mushrooms with garlic toppings.
 Not as successful as I wanted it to be though it looked perfect! I even had to grill mine a second time after slicing my steak because it was too bloody for me. My husband thought his piece to be perfectly cooked medium rare. I wished mine was wagyu steak!

The kids had chicken chop because they are not that into beef yet.

Our meal at home cost us no more than $30. Slaving in the kitchen for this was worth the while after seeing the smiles on all of their faces and them boasting about it in instagram. There is something about men and beef, isn't it? Because I sure made mine happy.

With all that's being said and eaten, I think I'll have my steak cooked and served at a specialty restaurant the next time if I have the craving again. So I can escape cleaning up the grease in my kitchen.

 
Till the next post, have a blessed week!

Linking up with : 

2 comments:

  1. Your steak looks so yummy. I have yet to cook steak for the kids too as they are not into meat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adeline, I think DinoPapa knows how to cook a good beef steak, check with him next time we meet up =)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments on my post and thank you in advance for responding! All comments will be moderated before publishing just so that the spammers don't get in the way.

AddThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

.