Hello! Thanks for visiting my blog.

I am on a blogging hiatus as I would like to focus on my jewelry craft work. Hence, I will not be taking in requests for reviews of any nature in the future. If you do have queries on my jewelry work instead, please get in touch via email : oon.adeline@gmail.com

Friday, February 15, 2013

The Night When Feasting Began

Every year, my mother-in-law will host a home cooked meal for reunion dinner with the extended family. It's a tradition for the family as she and her sisters/brothers take turns to host a meal for Chinese New Year.
 
And so, our feasting began!
 
Here's sharing with you the pictures I took with my phone.
 
Most of the dishes here were prepared by my mother-in-law.  We had succulent prawns with black sauce, chap-chye, stir fried capsicum, sweet and sour pork, fish maw steamed with pork stuffing, steamed chicken and the yusheng!




I helped to assemble this plate of home-made yusheng with abalone instead of raw fish. Slurp!


Tossing the yusheng up for good luck!


Ending the dinner with this red velvet cupcake. I've never tried one so was surprised that it was actually cream cheese topping. :p A tad too rich for my liking. But the cupcake was super soft and moist. Yummy!
 
I hope everyone is also having a good time bonding over food with your family and friends this Lunar New Year!
 
Calories has gone up for sure. Dieting can wait another week. :p
 
 
Till the next post, have a blessed week!


Linking up with : 

1 comment:

  1. Yum Yum! What a feast! WOW! Thats a lot of prawns!!!! Must have cost a bomb hehehe~

    ReplyDelete

I love comments on my post and thank you in advance for responding! All comments will be moderated before publishing just so that the spammers don't get in the way.

AddThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

.