Hello! Thanks for visiting my blog.

I am on a blogging hiatus as I would like to focus on my jewelry craft work. Hence, I will not be taking in requests for reviews of any nature in the future. If you do have queries on my jewelry work instead, please get in touch via email : oon.adeline@gmail.com

Friday, October 19, 2012

The Quintessential Dish

There are days when I get lost in the supermarket - lost in a mind of my own thinking really really hard what to cook for my family! Oh believe me, I will look like as though I am staring longingly at a tray of diamonds when I'm actually "cooking up a storm" in my head, staring at the raw food. 
 
So on days when I am not motivated to drop by the supermarket, I will whip up a quick fried rice dish with quintessential ingredients that I store at home.  
- frozen mixed vegetables
- frozen cooked prawns
- waxed chinese sausages
- eggs
- dried shrimps
- onions
- chopped garlic
- belachan (fermented shrimp paste)
And there you go. A dish that takes me less than 30 minutes to prepare and fills my family's hungry tum-tum.
 
 
 
Till the next post, have a blessed week!

Linking up with :

2 comments:

  1. Hi do you cook the rice the day before? If not how to make the rice not so soft for fried rice? Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi CE! I cooked the rice just 2 hours before I started frying my rice. At least to let it cool down. I guess the amount of water you use to cook the rice plays a part in ensuring the rice is not mushy. :) Put a little less water than you would usually cook the rice.

      Delete

I love comments on my post and thank you in advance for responding! All comments will be moderated before publishing just so that the spammers don't get in the way.

AddThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

.